Off the Track

I'm sort of stuck with the next dress form step so...I veered off that track momentarily.

Decided "lift" a Hanna Anderson dress pattern for my daughter. Using what I remembered from a method I found in Threads (have I mentioned that I love this magazine?). I used duct tape to copy the bodice and sleeve then measured the dimensions of the skirt.

The dress











For the sleeve I used my seam press to support the shape and placed the first piece of tape at the center. I also had to stretch as I taped the hem because the trim is elastic and was smaller than the fabric.

The duct tape patterns on banquet table vinyl (my version of pattern paper).

I would like to say that I followed the instructions and used my tape measure to draw a 5/8" seam allowance around these pieces. But...I didn't, I just eye-balled it and cut the pattern with a 1/2" seam allowance on all sides.

Her birthday is Monday so I'm hoping to post at least one dress by then, maybe two since I bought all the materials. Then I'll have to spend a day telling you why she didn't (or did?) like them. She's become very picky in her sixth year of life.

Yikes! Just realized I forgot to lift the back. Gotta go :)

Comments