Fabric Store Tragedy Hits Home

Maybe that's a little dramatic but, one of my favorite local fabric resources, Cutting Room Fabrics - is CLOSING!! Shock, sadness, sympathy...and then guilt. Guilt because I didn't shop there enough (it's a 30 min. drive to get there). Guilt because I usually only bought interfacing, shoulder pads, and fabrics marked way down. Serious guilt when I read this: "Going Out Of Business - 75% off everything! Emergency fabric trip. Cancel all appointments, watch the kids, I'm outa' here and I don't know when I'll be back!

The normally empty parking lot was almost full. I saw, I grabbed, I stood in line.......and stood in line......and stood in line....for almost 1-1/2 hours but I didn't care. A couple of people said it but I'm sure everyone was thinking it - why couldn't it be this crowded all the time? Well, maybe not that crowded, just crowded enough to keep them in business longer. Enough, here's the good stuff.


Here are the details: The cutting slip reads 1.25, 4, 4, 3, 3 yards with only one piece marked below 17.95/yd (originally) figure in the 75% off and we have a grand total of $65. Still feeling guilty but felt the need to share.


* If you're in the area or familiar with the store I suggest you get over there quick. The sale goes through the end of the month, but if today is any indication there will little if anything left at that point.

Comments

Ooooh, a silk knit. That will be nice to sew.
Connie B said…
You got some pretty fabrics! I especially like that knit silk- the pattern and colour is fabulous!
Anonymous said…
Beautiful Fabric! Too bad the store didn't get the support it needed to stay open. Happy Sewing!