Some Actual Sewing!

The three blouses I hoped to finish in one weekend (two weekends ago) have gone from this! To this. Ta Da!

What's that you say? One is missing? Well, the one that didn't get finished is actually about four years old. I think the hold up is the armhole finish. Well, that and the fact that I have no idea what pattern I used, so I'm not completely sure what it's supposed to look like. Does it have darts? Um, I don't know. The strips that I cut to finish the armholes (I think) are not on the bias. Sewing obstacle. What's that you say? Just go and get some bias tape to finish them off? Well, have you noticed how the tapes and briads at some fabric stores never seem to go on sale any more, have you? Zippers either, but that's not important here. Anyway, I finished two.

If you look closely you will find many mistakes. This I know. This I don't care. These are not forever-after blouses. They will be replaced soon. Maybe I'll tell people I bought them at an inexpensive chain store. I do like this OOP pattern though. I made it with the ruffles last year and have yet one more version cut out.




I should probably go on about all the sewing details of the blouses but I don't feel like it! Tonight I have other sewing issues on my mind. Last year I bought the end of this fabulous Liz Claiborne linen from EOS. At first it was going to be a long bias skrit. Then it was going to be the same dress that Isaac designed for Liz (bias dress, long skirt sleeveless top with collar). I didn't have enough fabric. Now it's going to be this sleeveless summer dress and I didn't actually have enough fabric for this one either. Oh heck, most people don't notice that anyway, right? The all-important CF is perfectly matched, so I'm just going to make sure no one sees my CB!

Took some pictures of how I matched the CF for this one.


Pinned front and back.



Can you guess what my next dilemma is? I'll give you a little hint...BIAS. This thing is going to stretch out of control! Any and all ideas for a suitable infrastructure are welcome!

Oh yea, I did something bad this week. Can you guess? It cost $35 and you can't wear it but it has to do with sewing. Hmmmmmmmm, what could it be?

Comments

Dana - try one of two things. Add stay tape to all the seams or add an interlining of silk organza. The easier thing to do where from where you are right now is to add the stay tape or twill tape.

And I don't thing the back looks so bad...the blue matches and you would find the same thing in RTW.
Anonymous said…
I really like your blouses. Nice and cool for summer.