It's So Random

So much for blogging with a vengeance! Random thoughts somehow connected to sewing to follow.

Look what I just found!!
http://www.cafepress.com/+lean_mean_sewing_machine_wall_clock,1370167473
I will probably need to purchase this in the near future.

Today Ann from Gorgeous Things...showed some patterns she held onto that are just too good to purge. It reminded me of my good ole' days working at Northwest Fabrics. When the pattern companies discontinued their patterns, the retailers only needed to return the envelope. There would be piles of pattern guts that were dumped. At my store, employees got to dig through the guts and take what we wanted. This is my all-time favorite pattern rescue. I call it my "Barbie-doll" pattern. It just reminds me of something Barbie would wear...in pink with white evening gloves, just like the picture. I've never made it and  probably never will. I don't care. It will stay with me forever because it makes me happy.

Here are some of the other lifetime members of my pattern collection.


Wait! I was just trolling through my patterns and realized I've got current patterns and vintage patterns. I also have patterns from 10 years ago, patterns from 20 years ago, and pictures of my favorite patterns from 40 (yikes!) years ago...when I was a mere child. Guess I actually have a lot more than this in my lifetime collection. Well, these are some of the faves.

More random sewing stuff to follow...someday...school starts Wednesday...this will be a tear-filled year...I just want to be a real band director....oops, sorry to get off the subject....happy sewing to all.........

Comments