Thursday, August 7, 2008

A Funny Thing Happened...

...on the way to my Y class. I was wearing this skirt and a women told me she had a dress made out of the same print that she just loved. I immediately thought I'd met a kindred sewing spirit. No, she bought the dress at Talbots! I checked out their site and couldn't find it but I did run across the fabric here. Or, if you're so inclined you could contact Cutting Room Fabrics with a picture of the fabric and order it there. (I say with a picture because they don't have many fabrics posted online.) Actually, their price in the store is low enough that I'd contact them first. When I was there last week they still had some in stock.

Happy Sewing!

2 comments:

Sewfast said...

I bought some of that fabric at Fabric Mart last month (I think it's all gone now) because I saw someone had made a great skirt out of it, but I couldn't remember whose blog I had seen it on. It was yours!!! I am making a vintage shirtwaist dress out of it...all cut out waiting for some stitching time! Mary

The Slapdash Sewist said...

Isn't it funny when that happens? Someone posted on my flickr that she had a top purchased from a store out of the same fabric I'd made a top out of. Now I'm afraid people will think I buy my clothes!