Jump n'

If you're ready to jump 'n the jumpsuit trend I suggest visiting the vintage pattern sites. I know, they're completely ridiculous when you have to use the restroom, but I just couldn't resist. (Be kind as you evaluate the pix, I'm hot, I'm wrinkled, I'm ready to end the school year!) It's Butterick 6680 by Willi Smith.

I only made two design changes to the pattern. The first was to increase the width of the pant legs - I think it was a total of two inches. I took a yardstick and put one end at the widest part of my hip and came sort of straight down. I didn't want to width to be extra wide (like my hipss :)), so I brought it in slightly. The other was to add elastic at the waist. I wore it once without the elastic and while it felt fine when I was standing I had some droopy backside! The elastic keeps the crotch line in place. The back view is still not-all-that, but it's certainly better than before. You can read about more of the sewing details by clicking on the PR sidebar picture.

I'm sorry I can't remember the blog I visited recently, but she too had invested in some groovin' vintage jumpsuit patterns. When I started my hunt last year there were many patterns out there - just type in "jumpsuit" in the search box.

Here are my other treasures:

Comments

I like that look, I had thought about doing one! Glad you're back in the swing og things:)
Elaray said…
Your jumpsuit looks verycurrent! Good work.
gwensews said…
You're wearing that jumpsuit beautifully. One of the problems with the jumpsuit is getting the fit corect between the top and the crotch so the pants aren't constantly pulling up toward the waist. Nice job!
Joyce in NC said…
I think you look great in your jumpsuit. I'm tempted to try one for myself. I think I have a pattern from the 80s.
Very current! Thanks for the tip on elastic in the waist; I wouldn't have thought of the danger of a droopy backside but that sounds like a good fix.
Patty said…
To be honest, I am not quite sure what I think of the 'revival' of the one-piece jumpsuit...having been there and wore one the last time around! But, yours is very nice! It fits and flatters your shape, and looks very current. Nice job!
Summerset said…
You look great - talk about easy one piece dressing for school!
Faye Lewis said…
Hey that is really cute!
Christina said…
I love this! I think it's perfect example of how jumpsuits are not just for 21 year olds. Looks fantastic on you.
Cennetta said…
Very stylish and up to date jumpsuit. Great way to end the school year.