Sewing Talk!



Y201410, Fall 2014V1416, Misses' Top and Pants
Look at me I'm on the cover of Vogue Patterns! Oh wait, that's not me. Ever since I saw the fall Vogue Patterns with this featured outfit I've been planning this post. You see, I already have that entire outfit in my closet! The difference is that I made mine in 2009, a full five years (six if you count from the time I got the idea) before the other designer thought of it (patting myself on the back with big smile).



My outfit is from my last SWAP attempt (completed just not in time for the contest).

I guess the only appearance the blouse made on this blog was while I was ranting about my buttonhole dilemma. The same dilemma that prompted the buttonhole flow chart. The pants were featured in my one and only Blog-eo (I didn't add a title to the post so I couldn't figure out how to create a link, just look for the post on Friday, February 13, 2009).

Here are the patterns I used (sorry, nothing current!).

Well, it's taken me almost two weeks to put this post together - sigh. Want to spend more time here but responsibility is calling - literally the dog is crying to go outside! Happy sewing to you all!

Dana

Comments

Vicki said…
Happy New Year! Nothing is new again is it?
skyjensen said…
I totally love sewing fun new clothes for my kids. They get so excited when they get to help me choose the fabric and thread for their new outfits. The whole processes of making their clothes is so relaxing and fun. I would like to start embroidering their clothes too. Would you know what are some good feet to have for embroidering clothes?
http://www.sewing.net/shop/category/sewing-machines/