Time to Sew a Set

Got time to sew but my head is in this SWAP SWAP SWAP frame of mind. Last night I pulled out all my PIP's (Projects In Process - Ha! I just made that up. Sounds much better than UFO's, right?) These are garments that are planned and/or cut out and they all match. Navy and white and all patterns are suitable for summer. That sounds like the start of a SWAP to me.


I went to bed thinking about a complementary color. I want it to be orange because I have lots of orange solids, but I probably won't wear any orange and navy together because I don't have any jewelry or scarves to pull it together.

So, tonight I'm planning. I really want to just pull out all my fabrics and throw them on the floor with pattern ideas. But, I've spent most of the day cleaning and do not want to pick up one more thing. So I'm on the computer where there is no tactile sensation, just my imagination. I loaded all the fabric pix and then threw some patterns that will work with some of it. What do you think?


Hmmm, seems to be a sad lack of bottoms for these fabrics. All except the top orange fabric and the floral (linen) are rayon.

The other resources I'm using are this from Pinterest and these pages from Marie Claire - Marie Claire from a long, long time ago when they first came out and were the opposite of most fashion magazines. You know, real-clothing-for-real-women and we're-not-going-to-push-designers-in-your-face and we're the magazine with a conscience. Yup, a long time ago. I always get stuck when it comes to selecting patterns (shapes) that go together. Hopefully this will help.




Comments