Blogger's Block

I wanna write more but just can't think of what to say. I do have a couple of pictures though. Remember those cool cotton prints from Gorgeous Fabrics? It only took me, ummm, just two years to put this one together. It did turn out to be exactly what I originally wanted the fabric to be though.




Try to ignore the waist, the green shapes on the print are not even and for those of us in the know, well, it's noticeable here. I have belts I could add but really liked the way it looked without...on this particular day anyway. The pattern is New Look 6723. A pretty basic pattern that I lined with white cotton/poly broadcloth. From the pictures, it looks like I'd better add a swayback adjustment to my list.

Kids are both out of the house for most of the day next week...maybe I'll actually get some real sewing done then!

Comments

Laura SJ said…
So cute...perfect summer day dress!
Administrator said…
Good job! I love it!
Gina, Portugal
macadentada.blogspot.com
Cennetta said…
Sometimes I find myself in the same boat not having anyway to say. Your dress is beautiful. Ann really has some "gorgeous" fabric.
C
I love how you used the fabric - the dress is gorgeous!
Love that border print! So summery. I am always glad when my mistakes are in the back of a garment; makes it much easier for me to forget about them!
Sheila said…
Lovely dress that screams Its All About Summer and for the green shapes at the waist... I like to call them designer elements.
Kathi said…
I really like this - it looks great!