Sewing Log

(kid-less) Week 1
1 Blouse (cut out in the spring using a high thread-count sateen sheet) – first had to find fabric for blouse fronts because I ran out of fabric (found pillow cases at Target, didn’t realize until it was put together that the whites don’t match), then as I’m ready to put on the collar I can’t remember how I cut the pattern to accommodate buttonholes because I didn’t want to use loops. Collar doesn’t fit neckline. Project on hold until I feel like draggin' out the pattern pieces to figure it out.

1 Knit jersey top – canned. Doesn’t fit, might look good if it did fit. Waste of time and my fault because I just threw it together.

Sewing machine and I are not speaking.

Made pattern alterations and muslins for a skirt and jacket originally planned for a pink, spring suit. I’m pleased with results. I’m making muslins - hooray!

Realized that my "My Pattern" review was the most viewed pattern on PR last week and has been shown periodically on the home page. Wow, I don't know how it happened but that's kinda cool.

Purchased four Neue Mode patterns from SewingPatterns.com. Very excited as I purchased the download-only version and had access to them within one hour. Or so I thought. Printers and program are not cooperating. Have message that they’re working on it.

Traced my three new Jalie patterns.

Think I’ll be ready to work things out with my sewing machine tomorrow.

A large part of my problem is mental. I now have the time and solitude to sew (kids have been at day camp and are going back to day care next week). But, then the guilt sets in – at 2:00 the breakfast dishes are still on the table, the weather is beautiful and I should be outside gardening or rollerblading, the laundry hasn’t been touched all week! I usually tackle two or three painting projects (a dresser, our bedroom, etc.) in the summer. This year – nothing. I’m losing much of my excitement about going back to school. Found out this week I’ll be the only music teacher at my high school – again. Twelve years in this district and I’ve only taught with another music (vocal) teacher for 2-1/2 of those years.

Well, as my kids would say, “blah, blah, blah, wah, wah, wah” (yes, they learned that from me). Life goes on for pete’s sake!

Have a great weekend!

Comments

Unknown said…
Good or Band, it certainly sounds like you're being productive! Wondering which knit top pattern got canned? Also, by BFF is a hs vocal teacher, and every spring she's told, you might get pink slipped... sucks.