Last Garment of 2008 and ramblings

And I do mean last...like I was sewing the buttons on while my husband waited so we could go out for dinner! (You can click on the PR list if you want to ready the sewing details.)
This is part of my SWAP, which I am sewing for but I kinda keep forgetting that there's a plan and a contest to go with these garments. I was a little nervous about using this fabric - it's a little flashier than I'm used to. But I love the way it turned out, especially the sleeves! They're nice and long and puffy. It's this vintage pattern. I've got more to say about vintage patterns, but I'll add that later when I finish the post I started about 2 weeks ago!

Sewing Wrap Up - I have no idea how many things I made this year! I didn't review everything, I didn't blog about everything, and I didn't make a single list (ahhhh!) about my sewing. Last night I casually tried counting by looking in closets and came up with 32 for me and 11 for DD, but that's just the winter stuff that caught my eye. Whatever the count, it was a good sewing year!

Resolutions - I made a fine list of sewing resolutions last year. I'm not a resolutions person, I mean, I've never made New Year's resolutions ever! And, if I could find the list I'd share it with you! LOL I know it's on my computer somewhere because I was checking it this summer and was surprised because I'd completed most of the items. The only resolution I can think of for this year (sewing or otherwise) is to try and balance everything better. I absolutely love my new job (now teaching HS band instead of random music courses like beg. strings, keyboard/composition, choir, etc.) but it is more time and energy consuming than what I've been doing for the past 2-3 years. That has thrown everything else out of whack! And I miss blogging! Every time I make something, I'm blogging about it - in my head - but it never quite makes it to the computer. Sigh. I haven't even organized my fall/winter wardrobe like I promised at the end of this post!

That's all for now. I'm already a day late posting this! Happy New Year to all!

P.S. - How much time do you guys spend contributing to your blog? I mean how much time would you say it takes for you to complete one post w/pix and links?

Comments

Tany said…
That's a lovely blouse, well done!

Happy New Year, Dana!
Dawn said…
Love your whole outfit; boots included.

It takes me about 30 minutes to upload photos, edit phots, write text, and post to my blog.
Sigrid said…
It's a great outfit, I would like to have such a combination right away.

Time to write a post? Depends a little, 15 to 45 minutes.
Dana said…
Thanks for the complements!

Wow, I'm really doing something wrong! It takes me 1 hour - minimum to post. No wonder you guys are able to post frequently - must investigate!
Hey Dana - I like your new blouse too and don't feel bad it takes me about an hour to do a post...and most of mine are prewritten...I have a lot of time on the bus!

I think its the rereading and making sure that everything sounds correct that takes a lot of time...but this is my personal peeve...and I spend the time because I want a certain sound and a certain look...I was only going to watch TV anyway with the time I used to blog! :)
Summerset said…
Lovely blouse!

It takes me anywhere from 15 to 45 minutes to do a post. Sometimes I'll write a whole bunch of posts at once and then all I have to do is add the pictures and final text later.
Unknown said…
Ditto on the "not ready to go back to work" comment. Just got to work on something fun today, and the break is nearly over! Posting takes me 30-45 minutes, depending on the number of pictures, but I'm getting speedier with more practice!
Meg said…
It takes me anywhere from 30 minutes to a couple of hours. But I often write some and then come back to it. As a writer and editor by profession, I do spend a lot of time proofreading and editing before I hit "publish."
Alexandra said…
Lovely blouse! Nothing like last-minute finishing, eh?

Happy New Year!