Fabric Shopping!!!

It's official I have a local fabric friend! We've been talking about it for at least a year and finally had a date. A shopping date, of course. Joan lives in a third or fourth ring suburb and I needed to introduce her to some of the non-chain fabric stores that are a little closer to the big city. Our first stop was Stitch-Cleveland where we ogled and purchased a few Amy Butler cottons. Next it was on to Virginia Marti Fabrics (an offshoot of their school of Virginia Marti College of Art and Design....). This is the only store that I had thought to take pictures and the only one where we didn't buy anything!
It's still good to know that it's there and that your purchases support a great cause. Lastly we spent a good deal of time at Janie's Sewing Corner (check out the upcoming seminars - Mr. King makes an appearance in July and I will definitely be there!). Great fabrics and great conversation.

As if having a fabric shopping partner weren't enough, the night before I went to pull out all my spring/summer fabrics....screeeeetch....I could only find four pieces! That's certainly not enough to make a new wardrobe. And so, I was able to shop guilt-free because I really did need new fabric! It was a great day. See? The geometric print in the middle is my second purchase of this fabric. A few years ago I made this and just wasn't happy with how it looked on me. But I love the fabric!

Then even though our date ended my shopping/creativity motor was still going full force. The only store we didn't visit was JoAnn's so the next day I picked up a few more additions.


Ahhh! an hour on the computer - I've got to go sew!

Comments

Isn't fabric shopping with others fun? You got some great pieces and glad you finally were able to meet!
Eugenia said…
I love your beautiful summery looking new fabric purchases! Sounds like you had a great time.